Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Preferment Lehmann dough 4/12/2010

I don’t know what was the problem with my dough yesterday, but I think I might have reballed it too much or either the temperature when I made the final dough made a difference.  Last week when I balled two different batches of dough, I did reballed on one batch of dough balls two times.  I thought last week, they were harder to open than normal, but wasn’t sure.  I decided on Monday to reball the dough balls from two batches 1 time again. This sure could have been a mistake.  I had good luck with reballing a higher hydration dough like Reinhart NY style dough two times or more.  That is one reason I was experimenting on the preferment Lehmann dough balls. Yesterday those two batches of dough balls were really hard to open and some of the skins wanted to tear in a few places.  Usually when opening the dough balls there aren’t any problems with opening the dough balls.  We broke a record for temperatures in our area on Monday when I made the final dough.  It was 84 degrees F.  I still don’t know if this also might have caused the problems with opening the dough, but it might have.  I sure didn’t like how these dough balls behaved.  Even Steve opened a few dough balls and had the same problems.  I surely don’t want these problems every week.  The dough balls seemed to ferment so much faster too, when left out at room temperatures to temper, yesterday.  I don’t usually open my dough balls right out of the cooler, but that seemed to work  better.  It was cooler in our area yesterday (47 degrees F and raining most of the day).  From the experiments in reballing in the last two weeks, I think, but am not sure, knowing when to reball can be complicated.  There must be some relation to hydration, temperature, and just enough tightness in the dough balls. All these dough balls were left to cold ferment for almost a day, so I would have thought the gluten would have been aligned okay. At least these are my opinions for now.


http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg135118.html#msg135118

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment