Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, December 11, 2011

First Attempt at using Nancy Silverton's Focaccia dough recipe 12/10/2011

The Nancy Silverton’s turned out okay. The dough was very soft and could be handled easily. The dough had a great smell before baking. With all the fresh yeast added the final dough does rise quickly, two different times. In the proof in the pans the dough also rose quickly. I forgot to dimple the dough when in the cake pans, but did press the tomatoes, olives, and other ingredients into the dough.


The Nancy Silverton’s focaccia dough did bake well, but if I would have had a choice I think I would have used steel pans for the bake, or a dark colored pan.

The finished crumb was very light and airy. They weren’t any really big air bubbles, but the ones that formed during baking made the crumb light and very tender to eat. The tasted of the crumb was also very good. This morning the leftover slices still are very soft.

When I make this dough again, I would start the sponge later in the day or probably in the evening. As I posted before the sponge wanted to bubble very fast last evening. I had used my mini-measuring spoons for the sponge and use 1/8 teaspoon of fresh yeast in the sponge. I still wasn’t sure if the sponge bubbled enough, but to me it looked like it did. I don’t have any experience with sponges as a preferment.

I still have the small dough ball to try at market for a regular pizza. It will stay frozen until Monday.

If anyone is interested in seeing the links to Nancy’s Silverton’s focaccia and her directions, they are here.

http://learningknowledgetomakepizza.blogspot.com/2011/06/nancy-silverton-of-pizzeria-mozza.html

Norma
























No comments:

Post a Comment