Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Soaker Dough Pizza made with Bova 00 flour and Ischia starter, had so many problems..lol..modified BBQ grill and also modified pizza peel 6/17/2012

What an adventure in trying to make the soaker dough pizza with the Bova 00 flour and leavened with the Ischia starter. There were a lot of problems. First I forgot to bring my IR thermometer home from market. I then couldn’t get the firebricks placed in the top of the pan the same way I did before, so I just slanted some at the back top in the metal pan. I didn’t have my top metal plate either. The BBQ grill was heated up for an hour. I had started getting equipment together and somehow hit my small wooden peel on a post going outside. Well, that darn thing spit in two, and my other two wooden peels at home are too big to go into the small opening on my BBQ grill set-up. I then scouted around in my two sheds and did have thin pieces of wood that I could have cut into a peel, but I sure didn’t want to get saws and other stuff out to do that. I couldn’t find any pieces of wood that might have fit into the small opening. I found a shipping box in my one shed and decided to use that for the peel. I got a straight piece of wood and placed duct tape around the wood and part of the shipping box I cut out. What a heck of a looking peel. I did do a few practice shots into the BBQ grill without the pizza and thought maybe this will work, as long as I didn’t hit the underneath piece of wood that was sticking out on the firebricks. Then for some reason the dough wanted to be too sticky when coming out of the plastic container so the pie wasn’t exactly round and wanted to stick to the surface of my bigger wooden peel I was opening it on. Finally I got that straightened out. I had put some apple chips on the back of the firebricks to simulate a real WFO. I had left a little space between the firebricks and the back firebrick so the chips would ignite. The pizza did launch off of the makeshift peel okay. The bottom started to want to get too brown a little before the pizza was finished and I just put the pizza on a cake pan and finished baking. I turned the pizza with a BBQ metal spatula. It can be seen in the first picture how big the other smallest peel I had at home was. At least the final pizza did taste very good in the crust and had oven spring. What a way to make pizza. Now time for a glass of wine...lol!


Norma





















No comments:

Post a Comment