Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The many doughs baked into pizzas in Steve's WFO and my two beer doughs, made with Pizzeria flour

I had a great time at Steve’s beer brewer’s picnic yesterday and my experimental doughs did turn out okay when baked into pizzas, but I don’t know if I would try the same doughs again.


I guess I didn’t study enough about adding beer to dough. I didn’t realize that the dough would be drier, so I guess I should have either added more beer, or water, to the formulations I used. I could tell when opening the two beer doughballs that the dough did feel drier than a regular 60% hydration with Pizzeria flour, but the dough balls did open okay. The first beer dough pizza I made was with the Elysian Bete Blance beer. That pizza also had some chili oil that I had made with chili I purchased at the Asian store. I don’t know why the dough made with the V8 beer had a darker rim crust after baking.

Marco’s dough did work okay to when made into a round pizza. It was very light and had a good taste. I gave one dough ball to Steve to see if he wanted to try it in a pan. The other dough ball is still in my fridge and has a big bubble on top this morning.

Many of the people that attended the beer brewer’s picnic did make their own pizzas in Steve’s WFO and some brought their own dough. Others used Steve’s dough. Frank brought his crazy dough that he turned into really good pizzas. I liked Frank’s shirt that said flour child. Frank rolls out his dough, then hand stretches it and forms edges on it. I still don’t understand how Frank just cuts off a piece of dough from the big dough mass and it doesn’t give him any stretch-back. Some of his pizzas he par-baked, then added a lot of toppings. Steve’s one neighbor brought his Reinhart doughs and those pizzas were really good baked in Steve’s WFO. There were no rules on how anyone made the pizzas and it is fun to watch how everyone makes their pizzas. There were a lot of pizzas made that I didn’t get pictures of. Many people brought their own dressings for the pizzas. I really like the apple, walnut pizza.

There were many kinds of pizzas that came out of Steve’s WFO with many people making them. It become cool when the sun was starting to set.

It was a beautiful day to have a home brew brewers picnic and I got to try many different beers that I had never tasted before. Thanks Steve for inviting me! I ate way too much pizza and other foods.  I had so much fun watching everyone make their different styles of pizzas.  There were many different levels of pizza makers at the party.  Frank makes the dough for the Fridge Pizzeria in Lancaster, Pa and also makes the flatbread pizzas.

http://beerfridgelancaster.com/ and the Fridges Flatbread Pizzas http://beerfridgelancaster.com/pizza  Frank also homebrews many kinds of beer.

I think a WFO can bake almost any type of pizza well.  All the homebrews we drank were also very good.  
Norma

First set of pictures are of the beer dough made with Elysian Bete Blanche beer.  This beer dough did have chili oil added after the bake.  The chili oil was just made with chili's from the Asian store.  The chili oil was spicy, but not too hot.









Beer Dough Pizza from the homebrewed V8 beer Steve gave me.









Marco's 75% hydration dough pizza made with 50/50 Power Flour and Mondako Flour












Various other pizzas made and some of the various pizza makers.  Also other pictures of Steve's beer brewing club picnic and pizza party.





































No comments:

Post a Comment