Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, August 27, 2012

Using my mom's gas oven for the first time to bake pizzas..should have put the pizza stone on a higher rack..lol..didn't get good rim browning

I am sorry Glutenboy and Craze, but I didn’t go to Steve’s home tonight to bake in his WFO and try your doughs out in a WFO.  I was going to try Glutenboy's formulation and Craze's boli dough in Steve's WFO.  The weathermen were calling for thunderstorms on and off in the evening and maybe flash flooding in our area. When it was time to leave for Steve’s home it was raining heavily in my area. I am not a big fan of driving in any pouring rain when it is dark, so I decided not to go to Steve’s home and to bake your doughs in my mom’s gas oven.


After I got my pizza stone, wooden peel, metal peel, the dough balls and my ingredients together I took them to my mom’s home. It was raining when I got to my mom’s home.

After I was heating her oven up for ½ hr. it stopped raining and didn’t rain the rest of the evening.

I found out my mom’s gas oven can get to 615 degrees F, when heated for an hour. I am really a newbie when baking in someone elses oven and I placed the pizza stone on the bottom rack. After baking the first pie, I realized I should have placed the stone on a higher rack (to get the rim crust browner, but didn’t want to try and take the hot stone out and put it on a higher rack.

Both dough balls opened well and baked well, except for the non browning of the rim crust. The bottom crust did brown well on both pizzas.

I also tried out a new Pizza cheese from Nasonville and although I did grate it myself, it wanted to stick or clump together even when it was cold. I didn’t like the way the Pizza Cheese melted on the pizzas, but the taste of the Pizza cheese was okay.

It can be seen that even I am a newbie when trying to bake in a different kind of oven I never tried before...lol

I didn’t brush either skin rim with olive oil to try and get better rim browning, because I wanted to see how the pizzas baked without that.  The bottom crust were nice a crisp on both pies. 

When baking in a new oven I am trying, I am also a newbie on how different ovens bake.  It is all in the learning process of how to use different oven on how to try and bake pizzas.  I learned a new lesson that even if ovens do get up to higher temperatures there still needs to be some adjustments.  I didn't do the adjustments, but will the next time I try to bake in my mom's gas oven.

Norma  
























No comments:

Post a Comment