Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Gardening and Les's Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes 9/11/2011

I did some gardening today and ripped out weeds and cut back some of my flowers that were done blooming. They was a praying mantis on my one tomato plant so I took a picture of the praying mantis.  There are also many beautiful butterflies in my area right now, but it is hard to take pictures of them, because they fly away when I get near.  I did get a few pictures of the butterflies.

I am not sure how many more times I will be able to make Les’s sauce this year, because my tomatoes that are ripening are getting smaller, and grasshoppers are also starting to eat chunks out of some of the tomatoes before they get ripe enough.  I have made Les’s sauce many times this summer, but guess it soon will be over for this year.  I was at Steve’s home for some bakes in his WFO on Friday evening.  He still has many big San Marzano tomatoes on his plants.  Steve told me he is finished canning his San Marzanos  and is going to dig them under probably this coming week.  I asked Steve if he minded if I picked some of his San Marzano’s and took them home to make more Les’s sauce. He said I could pick all I wanted. I don’t know why Steve’s San Marzano tomatoes got bigger than mine, except Steve is a better gardener than I am and he pumps water from the creek to feed his tomatoes.  Well, it was off to making more Les’s sauce yesterday with Steve’s San Marzano tomatoes and some of my smaller ones.  Les’s sauce did turn out well again, (with added Great Value crushed tomatoes) and now I have almost 3 more quarts to freeze for later use this fall and winter to use on pizzas or other foods I prepare.  I really love to eat the fresh slowed baked tomatoes right after they come out of the oven.  They are naturally sweet and have such a good taste, at least in my opinion.  If anyone is interested, this is where I posted on pizzamaking.com about making Les's sauce differen times. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11539.0.html 

Norma















No comments:

Post a Comment