Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend of working outside and making pizza dough 11/13/2011

It has been another weekend of trying to get things cut down outside and also raking leaves.  I am almost finished cutting plants down outside, but still have more leaves to rake, and also some hoeing to do.  It was a beautiful weekend in my area of the world.  The sun was shining and it wasn’t too cold.  I love working outside and soon that will be over, except for shoveling snow.  My garden and flower beds look so barren now.  Winter will last awhile, so I will enjoy the nice crisp cool days.

I think about fall and all the seasons and there is beauty in each of them.

I guess I am in the Fall of my life.  I am not really old, but getting older.  It is something like Fall in our area, where everything looks golden, by the leaves changing colors.  I also guess there is a balance in our lives like there are balances in seasons.  Since day light saving time has changed the light of the day is shorter, and so it must be.  In the spring everything comes alive again, even after winter has shed its dark side on us.  Life moves on and so do all of us.

I also made two doughs for pizza this weekend and do enjoy learning what goes into making dough and then how the final pizzas turn out.  It is very enjoyable to me to learn something new.  I guess I do become too involved with learning about pizzas sometimes, and I guess I should just let it alone more than I do.

Norma














No comments:

Post a Comment