Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, July 22, 2012

One day cold fermented Lehmann dough pizza baked in my BBQ grill 7/21/2012

I mixed a one day cold fermented Lehmann dough Friday and used the same formulation I am using for market, but did not add sugar in the formulation. I used a TF of .085 Since I was going to do the bake in my BBQ grill, I didn’t want the bottom crust to burn, and knew the temperatures of my BBQ grill can go higher.

The dough was mixed by hand and coated with olive oil and was for an 11“ pizza. Kyrol flour was the flour used. The dough ball cold fermented for one day.

I turned the BBQ grill on and let it heat-up for a hour. The second time I went to put some cherry wood chips in the back of the firebricks, (some on the oven grate and part on the firebricks) somehow I pushed the one back firebrick away from the other firebricks with my metal spatula. I had to get that firebrick back into place so I could bake. I already had the pizza dressed and hoped while I fiddled around with that one firebrick the skin wouldn’t stick to the wooden peel. I had to get various stuff to try and get that firebrick back and the BBQ grill was hot. I finally succeeded getting the firebrick back into place and the pizza didn‘t stick to the peel. I did purchase a new smaller wooden peel and didn‘t have to use the one I had to rig up the last time I baked in my BBQ grill.

For the dressings 6-in-1s were used for the sauce, Grande blend of mozzarella, cheddar and provolone cheese (that Bob1) had given me, tiny peppers from my garden and small tomatoes from my garden. After the bake fresh basil was added.

The bake of this pie was about 4 minutes. The bottom started to brown before the top crust was finished baking, so I used an upside down cake pan to finish baking. I thought the bottom crust of this pizza did look like a Neapolitan pizza. It was even kind of foldable after it was taken out of the BBQ grill. After I ate two slices the crust did become more like a regular NY style crust after it did cool down. The crumb was moist.

I really enjoyed this pizza. I also really enjoyed the Grande blend Bob1 gave me. The flavors of the three cheeses went together well. Thanks Bob for letting me try the Grande blend of cheeses!

The first picture is right after the dough ball was balled and the second picture is of the dough ball this morning.

Norma


























No comments:

Post a Comment