Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, September 8, 2014

9/8/2014 Frank Giaquinto came to visit my pizza stand again. What an expert pizza maker!! :)

Frank was at market for awhile this afternoon. Frank let me take five videos.

Frank made his own dough by hand mixing. I never saw dough act so beautifully when opening a dough ball and tossing the skin. The final pizzas were very good and the best NY style pizzas I have ever tasted. I asked Frank what kind of flour he used to make his dough. Frank uses AP flour right from the supermarket. The crusts were so tender that they melted right in my mouth. I was surprised at the weight of Frank's dough balls for a big pizza. The one photo is of one of Frank's dough balls on the regular scale at market. Frank gave me that dough ball to try tomorrow.

Frank made a baked Ziti pizza and a regular cheese pizza today. For the baked ziti pizza Frank used his wifes sauce, Ricotta cheese and Provolone cheese. For the cheese pizza Frank used my regular market sauce and the Sartori mozzarella with a little bit of cheddar blended. The taste of the baked ziti pizza and the regular cheese pizza were excellent. The photos of the rim crusts were really a little darker than they really looked (from the photos being taken with out a lot of lighting).

Frank also brought me two slices of a taco pizza he made at Mick's last evening.

All the time I fuss with doing experiments with dough and I sure don't know why I do that after tasting Franks pizzas today. Frank's crusts are a lot better than mine. Frank sure knows what he is doing when it comes to NY style pizzas.

I made Frank a Detroit style pizza today out of a 12.1 ounces dough ball that had been frozen and defrosted today. I was surprised that the Detroit style pizza with a higher dough ball weight turned out as good as it did. I did not have any Detroit style dough frozen that weighed 9.5 ounces. Frank said he really likes how fluffy the crumb is of the Detroit style pizzas.

I probably will only be able to upload a couple of the videos tonight. I still can not believe the little bit of flour that Frank uses to open a dough ball and to flour the peel. Frank opened a dough ball with oil today and one with just flour.


Norma




























No comments:

Post a Comment