Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Attempt for a Fairmont Bagel Pizza 12/14/2010

12/12/10
This is the second experiment I am doing with the milk kefir poolish starter.  I had wanted to see if the milk kefir starter could be left to ferment, then refrigerated and then taken out to ferment again, before it is incorporated into the final dough.  So far in the first experiment the milk kefir poolish does seem to hibernate, when placed into the refrigerator.  Then when it is placed in the oven with the light on it quickly comes to life.

I am going to make another bagel dough today with the milk kefir poolish I had refrigerated.  I will bake the pizza Tuesday.  I also am going to up the hydration of the dough and will measure how much more water is needed.

The reason I am doing these experiments is to see if a milk kefir poolish could be left to ferment, then refrigerated for different varying amounts of days and still be used in the final dough to make a decent pizza.  If this works, I could then let the milk kefir poolish ferment one day and then maybe on another day, make the final dough at market.  In theory this sounds good to me, but at this time I don’t know how it will work.
Pictures below of milk kefir poolish before it went back into the oven with the light on.





12/13/2010

I made this milk kefir poolish bagel dough yesterday.  I just want to note what I did different to see what these experiments might produce. I will list what I did different.

1.  I used 150 grams of KASL and 95 grams of durum flour mixed in sifter
2.  I wanted to see if a longer mix time at high speeds would affect this dough.  I mixed on speed                               10 of my Kitchen Aid Professional Pro mixer for 20 minutes.
3.  Let dough autolyse for 25 minutes.
4.  Added salt and oil and mixed on speed 10 for10 more minutes.
5.  This dough is very sticky, as can been seen in the pictures.  It almost looks like a cake dough.
6.  I measured the grams this time of 2 medium brown eggs and the weight was 105 grams
7.  Left dough bulk ferment for 3 hrs. and balled or stretch and folded dough 4 times.
8.  Balled with oil and left dough ball ferment at ambient room temperatures for 1 more hour
9.  This milk kefir poolish was made and then refrigerated and then taken out of the refrigerator  
     to warm before making this dough.







Some of my conclusions for this experiment are this milk keifr bagel dough can be mixed at high speeds for a very long time and still get oven spring and also bake into a decent pizza.  This bagel dough pizza was a white pizza and I used the recipe for the dressing that Bill gave for a Big Bob’s Gibson’s BBQ White Sauce. Thanks Bill, the white BBQ sauce was really good on this pizza. :)  I did also dressed this pie with mozzarella after putting the white BBQ sauce on the opened skin.

I don’t know about other doughs, but this dough was really sticky and almost looked like a cake batter.  It with-stood all the rigorous mixing.  I now wonder how many kinds of doughs can be mixed for a very long time.





























No comments:

Post a Comment