Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, January 30, 2011

WFO and Pizza made of Snow 1/30/2011

I had made a snow woman and a snow pizza in the last week and had posted about making them. When I made the snow woman, right before I was finished her head fell of for some reason.  I didn't have time before it was dark to make another neck or head for the snow woman, so I just took pictures from her shoulders down.  I had planned on making a neck and head again for the snow woman yesterday, but it was below freezing and the snow really wouldn't cooperate in trying to finish my snow woman.

Today when I went outside she had fallen down, just like some snowmen do.  I decided not to finish her, but to make something out of snow that I had wanted since I started to learn about pizza.  I decided to build my own WFO, because I probably will never own one.  The WFO was easy to build and I had it built in no time at all.  The pizza was also easy to make. I waited until the bottom oven temperature was up to around 1,000 degrees F (give or take a few degrees) and slid the pie into the WFO.  Although this pizza didn’t get the char I wanted, it did brown nicely.  I guess I will have to learn more about operating a WFO.

I think I followed all the Vera Pizza Napoletana rules for building this oven.  If anyone thinks I didn’t they can let me know.  I don’t know if I will be able to get VPN certification or not.
I used all the ingredients for dressings for a VPN pizza . (proper ingredients: Tipo 00 flour, San Marzano tomatoes, all natural Fior di Latte or Bufala mozzarella, fresh basil, salt and yeast -- only fresh, all-natural, non-processed ingredients)

This pie was one of the best pies I have made so far.  At least I own a WFO, if only for a short while.

All kidding aside, I still like to play in the snow if it isn't too cold outside.  I guess some of the child in a grown person doesn't go out.

Norma





















No comments:

Post a Comment