Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Four Test Doughs Made for Tuesday 7/19/2011... posted 7/17/2011

I mixed a hybrid Reinhart dough again on Friday.  I did get a lower final dough temperature.  The dough came together nicely and quickly,  using only the flat beater of my Kitchen Aid mixer.  The dough ball was again floured and then coated with olive oil.  I am going to reball the dough ball tomorrow.

Pictures of top and bottom of dough ball.





Two Lehmann doughs were mixed Friday.  One was mixed with just the wheat berry starter.  The other was mixed with the wheat berry starter and the grounded sprouted wheat.  Each of these doughs still feel much higher in hydration.   I did up the hydration to 63%, but the finished dough felt higher than the hybrid Reinhart dough I also made Friday, and the hybrid Reinhart dough was 72.5 % hydration. I decided to make dough with a lower final dough temperature since they were going to be fermenting longer than the two doughs I made last week.

Both dough balls are fermenting slowly.   As can be seen on the pictures they didn’t hold the shape of dough balls.  First two pictures are of the dough ball with wheat berry starter and the grounded sprouted wheat.  Second two pictures are of the dough ball with the wheat berry starter.





I mixed another cracker style dough today, but this time I think I mixed the ingredients right, in the food processor. The temperature of the water used was 130 degrees F. I did proof the dough in my homemade proofing box at 110 degrees F for 2 hrs.  I also used more of the EL-7 product in the formula.  

First picture is after the cracker style with EL-7 dough was mixed.  Second picture dough in proofing box in container.  Third and fourth pictures of dough ball top and bottom after coming out of proofing box.  Next pictures after rolling dough, cutting, flouring, and putting the rolled out skin, then plastic and finally in a plastic bag.  The finished skin weighed 10.6 oz.  I am still not sure if I have the right TF. 









No comments:

Post a Comment