Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, September 22, 2013

De Lorenzo's attempt in the Blackstone Pizza Oven, Thanks Pete-zza for helping!!

Peter,

I also want to thank you very much, because the DB2 formulation you set forth did make a great De Lorenzo/Robbinsville clone in the Blackstone oven. The crust was exactly like I recall it. It was crispy and crunchy the whole way across. The only thing the BS didn't do is give a lot of char and I sure did not miss that.

I only used vegetable oil in the DB2 formulation.

I used Red Pack crushed tomatoes in thick puree instead of the whole plum tomatoes and Great Value Crushed Tomatoes in puree. I also changed the cheese to Sargento off the block Shredded Natural Low Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella. The tomatoes and the cheese used make the De Lorenzo clone pizza taste very good. I did add a little sugar and salt to the tomato blend.

I could press out the dough and stretch it over my kitchen table in about the same amount of time that the assemblers do at De Lorenzo's. I didn't time it, but it sure was fast and easy. The flour photo on the kitchen floor is included. There was no tearing of the dough and it acted perfect to me.

The De Lorenzo's clone pizza crackled the whole way across when cutting it. My bottom crust wasn't as brown as De Lorenzo/Robbinsville, but it was every bit as good or better in my opinion. The slices stood straight out after being cut. Each bit gave a different taste and eat bite was crispy and crunchy. Even after the slices cooled down there was a crispness on the bottom crust and I only had the pizza on my larger pizza peel. I did not need a screen to keep the bottom crust crispy. It can be seen that the cooled slices did droop some though, but that was the same way they were at De Lorenzo/Robbinsville. I ate all the slices except two. The dogs were begging for me to give them some small pieces. I did give them some and and they also loved this pizza.

I did not have to blast the oven at the end of the bake. It just baked perfect itself.

Everything about this De Lorenzo/Robbinsville clone was perfect for me.


Norma








































  

No comments:

Post a Comment