Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Friday, July 29, 2011

New BBQ-Grill Set-Up with better pies, added steel grill, still have more work to do to get better pies..7/29/2011

Wow, I almost thought I was eating in Italy tonight, or had baked my two pizzas in a WFO.  The set-up I did today in the BBQ grill, was the best up to this date.  I made the one dough that had the wheat berry starter added, and also used a mystery dough . The dough I made this morning, with the wheat berry starter should have ferment more, but since it was starting to get dark, I thought I better use it.  The mystery dough turned out better than the dough I made this morning, but both were very good in my opinion.  They both had char, oven spring, and a moist crusts.

I let me BBQ grill warm-up for about 45 minutes.  I could see my bottom firebricks were getting hotter than ever before.  Whew, that made me happy. I then put some cherry BBQ smoking chips on the back of the firebricks and saw them ignite.  I thought forum control, we do  have ignition.  The cherry BBQ smoking chips did make my firebricks hotter.  After I saw the temperatures reaching over 800 degrees F, I thought that was good.  The temperatures did go over 900 degrees F, but with me fiddling with the lid, they did drop back to the 800's.  The first pie only took 2 minutes 15 seconds to bake.  I almost burnt the back of the pie, because I didn’t think to open the lid in time to rotate the pie.

The first pie was dressed with my regular tomato sauce, two kinds of mozzarellas, and three kinds of tomatoes from my garden.

I then went outside and added some more of the cherry BBQ smoking chips, and waited about 10 minutes.  The fire was roaring again..lol   The second mystery pie was baked in less than two minutes.  The second mystery pie was the best in my opinion.  It was dressed with Les’s sauce, Grande cheese, shredded Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago Cheeses, tomatoes fresh picked from the garden, and after the bake, dressed with basil from my garden.

I thought these were fast bakes for my BBQ set-up.

Norma
























No comments:

Post a Comment