Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another Experiment with the Preferment Lehmann dough with shorter mix times 12/13/2011

Well, here goes in the next experiment with the preferment Lehmann dough if anyone is interested.
These are some of the pizzas made yesterday with the ADM flour and the final dough that was mixed from 3 to 5 minutes. I really couldn’t tell any difference in opening the dough balls that were mixed from 3 to 5 minutes, or the taste of the pies from that experiment. All the dough balls did open very easily. One other thing I wanted to note, was there seemed to be more bigger inter-crust bubbles on some of the pies, and some of the pies wanted to bubble in the middle of the pies, even though the dough balls were warm-up first. Why those things happened was a mystery to me. All in all, this experiment went well, but I don’t have any conclusions from these experiments.

There is always a wrench to put into the mix, like there usually is. On Monday when I went to take the preferments out of the deli case the top of the preferment looked really bubbly like it always does, but on the bottom of the preferment there was a lot of water. I don’t know if the bromated flour did cause this, or if something else was going on with the preferments. I did put the preferments into the Hatco Unit for the same amount of time I have been using lately. Those preferments made with KASL haven’t been giving me any problems lately. I have gone over different methods of letting the preferments proof and I also noted before in this thread that there were problems with the preferment wanting to water on the bottom sometimes.

I sure don’t know how I am ever going to figure out if it was the preferment or the shorter mix time that made the dough balls open so easily yesterday. As I have posted many times dough is always a mystery in many ways.

The one pizza Steve and I made we did bake longer to see how a better browned pizza would turn out.  There is always something new to be learned about dough a making pizza, even if you use the same dough formulation, but change one variable.

Norma















No comments:

Post a Comment