Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Used A Real Rizzo’s Dough Ball, I purchased in NY, to make a NY style pizza 12/13/2011

I had posted about my trip to NY and tasting a Rizzo’s square slice of pizza at Reply 19 second picture down http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16573.msg161681.html#msg161681 and had bought two dough balls at Rizzo's Astoria, Queens NY, when I visited Rizzo’s, and had posted about them at Reply 21 second pizza down http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16573.msg161683.html#msg161683 Last week I had tried one of Rizzo’s dough balls that I had frozen made in a steel pan that I posted about at Reply 88 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16573.msg162490.html#msg162490

This week I decided to use the last frozen Rizzo’s dough ball to make a NY style pizza without a pan. I left the dough ball defrosted at market for one day. The dough felt drier than my NY style doughs, but was very easy to open. I never felt a dough the same as a Rizzo’s dough ball. It makes me wonder just how low the hydration was of this dough ball. The dough ball was stretched to 18” and then made into a pizza. I was surprised that although the rim wasn’t as high as my normal NY style doughs I use, that there was an open crumb structure.

I have no idea on how Rizzo’s makes their dough balls, but they didn’t feel like any oil was in the dough, but I could be wrong about that. The crust did brown and I think this might have been the thinnest NY style pizza I made so far. I also wonder what kind of flour Rizzo’s uses and what other percents for other ingredients they use in their dough balls.

The dressings for Rizzo’s NY style pizza were my blend of skim milk mozzarella and whole milk mozzarella, my regular sauce, and onions that I caramelized.

The dough ball in the first picture looks oily on the top of the dough ball, but that was from me oiling the dough ball a day after I froze it. I didn’t want it to dry out.

What a different NY style pizza.

Norma

















No comments:

Post a Comment