Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another Attempt with Caputo with AP and ground baked gluten in the deck oven 2/14/2012

The pizza using the ingredients of Caputo flour, AP, and ground baked gluten sure turned out differently, but good. The rim of the crust almost tasted like Ciabatta. The dough was very soft and easy to open. The flecks of ground baked gluten could be seen in the dough. The taste of the crust was good and the bottom of the crust browned well.

I had some leftover homemade ricotta from last week and froze it to see if it would still be good this week. I had wanted try to make some homemade ricotta with the Wine Vinegar that I purchased later last week and some raw milk, but time got in the way on Monday night, so I just defrosted the ricotta from last week on Tuesday. When stirred, the ricotta from last week became just as creamy as last week and still was good. The dressings for this pie were the unfrozen homemade ricotta, a blend of mozzarellas, some dollops of Cento, (with some added herbs) some prosciutto (not cut neatly), dried cherries, and sesame seeds sprinkled on the rim. This sure was a different blend of dressings for me, but tasted good. The added sesame seeds on the rim also gave the flavor of the crust another dimension. I got the idea of adding sesame seeds on the rim from Best Pizza in Brooklyn, when I visited Best Pizza.

Norma













No comments:

Post a Comment