Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another Mack's attempt 7/10/2012

Using Peter’s (Pete-zza) dough formulation for a clone Mack’s attempt and the AMPI cheddar cheese these are the results.


Some of the AMPI mild white cheddar (from a 5 lb. loaf) was left out for a day at market (wrapped in aluminum foil) and then refrigerated for about 2 hrs. The other part of the AMPI mild white cheddar was grated about 1 hour before the bake and then also refrigerated. Steve and I tasted both cheddars from the loaf. The cheddar that was left out for a day tasted less twangy than the cheddar that was just grated. I sure don’t know why that was. Steve also noted the same differences.

The Gagni sauce, with added spices, was applied in a swirl pattern. Steve and I did add more cheddars on both sides than we should have, but that was to see if we could decide if the cheddar taste of the AMPI mild white cheddar was right when baked on the Mack’s attempt.

Steve applied oregano to the side that had the cheddar that was just grated and not refrigerated, so we could tell the differences in the cheeses when we tasted slices.

What surprised us was that the cheddar that wasn’t out for a day did taste better and melted better when baked on the Mack’s attempt.

Although both Steve and I can’t be sure if the AMPI mild white cheddar is what Mack’s uses on their pies, it sure tasted almost like a Mack’s pizza. I also thought the pizza tasted like a Papa Dino’s pizza.

When my daughter returned home from work last evening she reheated the slices with both cheeses (I already was in bed). I didn’t talk to her until this morning, but she told me she thought the same thing as Steve and I thought, that the slice with the AMPI mild white cheddar (that was not left out) did taste like a Mack’s pizza and also a Papa Dino’s pizza. My daughter has tasted both Mack’s pizzas different times and also Papa Dino’s many times, but not Papa Dino’s recently. Her favorite pizza in our area was Papa Dino’s also.

If anyone can purchase the AMPI mild cheddar I would be interested in their thoughts when baked on a clone attempt. If anyone thinks that using the AMPI mild cheddar does make a pizza that tastes like Mack’s I will attribute that to what I saw at Joey Mack’s.

Either next week or the following week Steve and I will apply less cheese to see what happens.

Norma


















No comments:

Post a Comment