Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Does Humidity Play a Role when using the Lehmann dough...I sure don't know 7/10/2012

This post is just to express that I still think humidity does play some kind of role in how pizzas turn out when using the same formulation. I had wondered, and was very curious, of why my preferment Lehmann dough pizzas and doughs weren’t anyways the same week to week though out the year. Since I have no been playing around with a basic Lehmann dough for a little while, I also see the same thing.


Last week it was hot and there was a much lower humidity at market. The dough balls when trying to open them dried out so fast, which had never happened for me before. I ended up opening the dough ball right out of the deli case without a warm-up This week it also was fairly hot, (but not as hot, around 90 degrees inside at my stand) and the humidity was much higher and there was no kind of problems with dry skins when opening the dough balls, even with the fans blowing the same as last week. My thermometer with humidity isn’t exactly correct, so I don’t want to post the humidity from yesterday inside my stand, but I know it was higher than last week. The dough balls could sit out for up to 2 hrs. for warm-up and they worked fine.

The resulting pizzas also turned out different even using the same formulation.

I still have not figured out what role humidity does play in how dough balls behave when opening them, or the final pizzas do differ, but just wanted to post if someone else has problems with their dough balls and final pizzas maybe humidity does play a role. I believe most members that make pizzas at home would not see these differences, but since I work in so many different kinds of temperatures and humidity’s at market, I think I might see more changes then other members. I still have no conclusions, or really can’t do anything about what temperature or humidity it is at market, so I just watch and try to learn what might happen. Maybe, it wasn’t even the preferment Lehmann dough that seemed to give me problems sometimes, but might have been the humidity.

I also used the same formulation for the Lehmann dough and replaced the oil with MFB. For some reason (I think Steve said there was some sauce on the end of the peel), but there was a loading error when he went to slide the pizza into the oven. The pizza almost ended up heart shaped. I am not posting the results of that test, but will try to do the test again next week. I want to see what MFB will do as a replacement for the olive oil I am using in the final pizza.

These pictures weren’t of the best looking pizzas made yesterday, but just some to show how some of the pizzas turned out yesterday.

Norma







No comments:

Post a Comment