Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Next attempt at a Papa Gino's clone attempt

The first pictures include a picture of right after the PG clone dough ball came right out of cold storage (with measurement of the poppy seed spacing). The PG clone dough ball came out of cold storage at 1:45 pm and was used to make a pizza at 3:00 pm. The PG dough ball warmed-up at 73.9 degrees F for the 1 hr. 45 minutes, which was the ambient temperature of where the dough ball was warming up. The second picture of the poppy seed spacing was right before I opened the dough ball.



I thought I had all the papers with the instructions along at market yesterday, but somehow must have forgot the one with the amount of sauce to use. I used 8 ounces of sauce on my attempt yesterday instead of the 6 ounces I should have used. I did weigh out the cornmeal and did use almost of that this time. The 3 cheese blend was also weighed out. It can be seen how little of the Romano is added to the blend. The PG clone attempt right out of the oven weighed 1 lb. 14.2 ounces, but then I added the wrong amount of sauce. I really didn’t know how much sauce I had added last week until I got home last evening.

 am not sure why, but the PG clone attempt yesterday did get more oven spring in some places on the top rim crust. The PG clone attempt was very tasty with the cheese blend, the texture of the crust, taste of the crust and with the addition of the cornmeal when opening the dough ball. Steve, Randy, Lorie, me and the old flea mill market manager enjoyed this pizza. I had to really chuckle when the old mill flea manager tasted the PG attempt. He said right away that this pizza tasted like a Papa Dino’s pizza. I laughed and he asked me if I remembered the old Papa Dino’s pizza and I said yes I did, but this is a whole different kind of pizza. The old mill market manager said the good tasting stringy cheese is what reminded him of the old Papa Dino’s pizza.

All in all the attempt went well, but dang I did have to get the sauce amount wrong. I am going to print out a separate sheet with instructions on for next week. I think the bottom crust was a little too dark, but that is how my oven baked the PG clone dough. The pizza was a little soft and tender when eaten. I sure don’t know if that is how it is supposed to be or not, because I haven’t ever tasted a real PG pizza.

Norma



















No comments:

Post a Comment