Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Next Papa Gino's Attempt

Steve and I thought the PG clone pizza turned out well. There was a minor hitch, but all in all, the whole experiment went well.




The first two pictures of the dough balls, with the spacing of the poppy seeds, show the dough ball at around 9:00 AM in the morning and at about 3:00 PM in the afternoon. The PG clone dough ball then was taken out of the deli case and left to temper at room temperature until about 4:45 PM. The ambient room temperature was about 75 degrees F where the PG clone dough ball tempered. The PG clone dough ball did have some of the dark speckles, but not a lot.



The pizza mold was used again to form the skin, then it was stretched by hand. The skin stretched easily. Where the hitch was is that I grabbed two screens and had forgot I have 15” and 16” screens. I didn’t notice I grabbed two different size screens and placed the skin on top of the 15” screen. I then noticed I had two different size screens and didn’t want to disturb the skin, so I just left it that way. It seemed like the pizza mold did let me have a smaller pronounced rim after stretching the skin. I think, but am not sure, if I would have used the same size screens, the bottom crust would have browned more evenly, but don’t know. The skin was stretched to 15 ½ “.

The same sauce that Steve prepared from last week was used for the PG clone pizza for this week. From freezing the sauce it did become a little watery, but I didn’t want to drain the water off, or I wouldn’t have had enough sauce (6 oz.) for this pizza. The same cheese blend was used and this time we just sprinkled a little Greek oregano on top of the cheese blend. The pizza was taken off of the 2 screens when the skin was set. As can be seen the bottom crust didn’t brown evenly. Steve and I thought the rim size was better in this weeks attempt, in that it wasn’t really open and airy from the use of the screens. The cheese blend melted well and tasted really good. The crust also had a very good taste. The baked PG clone pizza right out of the oven weighed 1 lb. 11oz. When eating this PG clone, the crust was very tender.

Norma


























No comments:

Post a Comment