Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Next attempt at a De Lorenzo's pizza.. it didn't go to well

This post is explain how the attempt went with the 59% hydration and the 1% vegetable oil dough ball and pizza.

The dough ball sat out at about 72 degrees F for about two hours to warm up. We didn't even need the fans on yesterday at market because there was a cool breeze coming in through the door that is beside my stand. The dough ball was flourdc and pressed on. A fair amount of bench flour was used to rotate the skin of the flattened dough ball. The flattened dough skin was draped over the marble bench. I was not as fast as the assemblers were at Robbinsville, but it didn't take long for the skin to stretch. I then opened the skin the rest of the way by hand. I was curious if this skin could be tossed and I did toss it one time with no ill effects that I could see. The skin was 14” in diameter as far as I could tell. The skin was dressed with a combination of Maggio cheese and LMPS Sorrento grated cheese and then the blend of Red Pack tomatoes and 6-in 1's was dolloped on the top of the grated cheeses. Olive oil was then drizzled over the top. The attempted Robbinsville pizza was baked for 10 minutes. The pizza was taken partly out of the oven to brush the rim crust edge with more olive oil.

The baked pizza sure was not crispy or crunchy anywhere in the middle. It was very soft. It still wonders me how such a thin pizza can't be crisp in such a long bake. I am not sure if my TF was off though and if I exactly had the skin to 14”. I might not have pressed the skin out evenly either. The edge crust was crispy, but a little too crispy and crunchy. This pizza did taste good, but the crisp and crunchy bottom crust was a failure. The bottom crust of the pizza stayed fairly white in the long bake.

Video of Steve cutting this De Lorenzo's attempt.



Norma





















No comments:

Post a Comment