Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another "Good Day" to work in the garden and work with my other plants! 5/22/2011

It is another great day to work outside, even if it is cloudy.  Now my tomato plants are staked, I have transplanted some of my seedling tomato plants (because they were getting too crowded) pulled weeds and  am getting ready to plant more vegetables next week.  I also planted my basil plant outside, that I had been growing inside all winter. Working on my perennials, too. I only buy a few annuals to plant, because I like the perennials.  I can give some perennials to other people because they keep spreading and coming up, year after year. At least some of them can be cut and brought inside to enjoy in the summer.  I love watching all the perennials blooming at different times in the summer.  I buy my annuals from a Amish farmer near me.  I also buy my professional potting so from the Amish farmer, plus sometimes all the fresh produce they grow in the summer. I just bought some fresh grow strawberries from the Amish farmer.  They taste much different than strawberries that are shipped. Strawberry growing season, just started producing strawberries in our area last week. I have two different colored Peony bushes.  They are one of my favorite perennials, because they were bought from my parents home, where I grew up.  The peonies also smell so good, when cut and bought into where I live!


(Peonies were named in honour of Paeon, the physician of the gods.  Since ancient times, Peonies have been regarded as the symbol of wealth, luck and happiness. Peonies always represent elegance and poise. The Roman legions first brought Peonies to England in about year 1200.
Peonies were described in botanical books as early as 1636.
Peonies (along with the Plum Blossoms) are the traditional floral symbols of China, where it is called Mudan. In 1903, the Qing Dynasty declared the Peony as the national flower of China.  The Japanese name for the Peony, Ebisugusuri means medicine from China. In traditional folk medicine, Peony root was used as a treatment for menstrual cramps, asthma and convulsions.)


At least my working outside is fun.  It is something like pizza making that you get to watch and see what happens. I like to work with my hands, so both gardening and pizza making or somewhat similar. My father used to work on a farm when he was a teenager and my grandfather also worked on farms and also like to garden. I also get to use some of the vegetables and herbs on pizza.  All in all, "life is good"!

Norma





















No comments:

Post a Comment