Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Monthly Challenge December 2009-I tried to make my sauce I use at market with Walmart brands

This is was my submission for a red sauce, in the monthly challenge, on the pizza making forum, were I am a member. I usually use this type of sauce a NY Style Lehmann dough, or other doughs for pizzas. I usually use Stanislaus sauce products, but for this submission I was substituting Great Value Crushed Tomatoes http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10415230 and Great Value All Natural Tomato Paste  
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10415519   from Wal Mart .  I have experimenting with this before, but have revisited this recipe, last year.
The nutritional facts are almost the same as the Stanislaus products I use.
Added ingredients:
2 leaves fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
7 leaves fresh parsley
couple leaves of fresh oregano
1/8 of red onion
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
pinch of crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp. dried Oregano if wanted
couple grinds of peppercorns
add filtered water until consistency desired
1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil to salute onion and garlic
saute red onion and garlic, microwave fresh parsley and fresh oregano in a little of olive oil or add to end of saute of red onion and garlic.
Put crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, sugar, kosher salt, pinch of red pepper, Italian seasoning it container and mix with salute onions and garlic.  Let sit overnight.
Flavor should be the same as using the Stanislaus products of 7/11 and Saporito Super Heavy Pizza Sauce mixed with above ingredients.  Ten taste testers today couldn’t tell the difference.

I since have tried the combination of Walmart brands of crushed tomatoes and Great Value Tomato paste with dried spices.  The dried spices I used were oregano, Italian mixed spices, red peeper flakes, a little sugar, fresh ground black pepper, a little olive oil and some Kosher or Sea Salt.  You can also add fresh garlic that has been crushed to this recipe and then microwave it for short intervals of about 1 mintute first, then increments of about 30 seconds to see if the mixtures looks cooked.  Be careful when microwaving this mixture in the microwave with olive oil.  The olive oil does bubble and could bubble over if microwaved too long.  This recent experiment did also taste good, in my opinion.

Norma











No comments:

Post a Comment