Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, November 29, 2010

My Fresh Salsa Stand (The Same Place I now have my small Pizza Stand at Market)

Another market stand that eventually lead to my Pizza Stand at market.

While I had my Funnel Cake, Fresh Lemonade, Fresh Dipped Ice Cream and Mexican Food Stand at Root’s Market, I was wondering what kind of business I could get into over the winter, since my outside stand at Root’s market would be closed due to colder and bad weather over the winter.  I had eaten really good Salsas, when my husband and I visited Mexico.  Since salsas were supposed to be the number one condiment in the US, I thought why don’t I try and make Fresh Salsas, and sell real Tortilla chips manufactured from the best ingredients in another state.  I had researched all kinds of recipes for Fresh Salsas and tried them.  I used fresh Roma tomatoes and all other fresh ingredients in my Fresh salsas.  I could buy bulk Roma tomatoes from a vegetable vendor at Root’s market.  I also bought some spices to sell from a distributor in another state.

I had thought I could possibly open the salsa stand over the winter and if it became successful, then I could hire someone to work over the summer, while I operated my Funnel Cake stand.  It took a lot of work and research to get my fresh salsa stand ready.  It also took a lot of negotiating to find really good Tortillas Chips to sell at my stand that were much different than I could purchase from my area where I live.  I had the Tortilla Chips in all different flavors shipped to me and then repackaged them.  The Tortilla Chips were really good, in my opinion and also the customers that bought them.

Finally my mother and I opened the Fresh Salsa, spices, mixes for dips, and Tortilla Stand.  I only had this stand opened for about 6 months. I also made many kinds of Chili to sell in plastic containers. Although I had some very dedicated customers that really like my Fresh Salsas and Tortilla Chips, I didn’t do enough business to use fresh ingredients and have the Tortilla Chips shipped to me.  The Tortilla Chips were very inexpensive, but the shipping was high.  I would have been able to make a profit on them, but I didn’t sell enough.

Some of the pictures of my Salsa Stand have pictures of my mother.  I also have more pictures of my Salsa Stand, that I will post at a future time.  I even tried to make my own Tortilla Chips, but they didn't turn out as good as one that I purchased.

These pictures were taken right after my Salsa stand opened in November 2008.

I then sold my Funnel Cake stand to be able to open my pizza stand.  You never know what will eventually lead you to what you might be doing in the future.  I really do like my Pizza Stand now.

Norma











No comments:

Post a Comment