Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Friday, December 3, 2010

April 2010 Monthly Challenge: Breakfast Pizza 4/02/2010

My submission for this months challenge is, Wiener Schnitzel a la Holstein

A regular Wiener Schnitzel is made with veal or pork.  When making a Wiener Schnitzel a la Holstein it is supposed to be made with “dippy eggs”.  Since I tried to make a “Bunny Rabbit” on this pie for Easter, I couldn’t fit the “dippy eggs”, so I decided to use scrambled eggs, instead.

The Wiener Schnitzel is made by pounding the meat until thin, salting, grinding fresh pepper on the meat, then dredging in flour, then in beaten egg mixture, next seasoned bread crumbs.  Next add butter and oil to a pan and fry.  I decided to add some red onion, shallots, and garlic cloves when the pork was frying.  These are supposed to be eaten in cutlets, but I cut some of these for the pie and ate some.

The dough I used was from the poolish preferment from the Lehmann dough that was frozen.  A part of the dough was cut off to roll for the “Bunny Rabbit” When trying to form the “Bunny Rabbit” I had trouble with his ears giving me snap-back and also him holding his shape.  I also tried to form an egg for the “Bunny Rabbit” to hold.  I sprinkled that with sprinkles.  When stretching the dough for this pie, I made it a little thicker to see what the results would be.

The pie was dressed with part-skim mozzarella, whole milk mozzarella, white cheddar, Asiago cheese, pimientos, and scrambled eggs.  After the pie was almost finished, I sprinkled some cookie or cake sprinkles to make the Wiener Schnitzel a la Holstein look more like Easter.  The Wiener Schnitzel is supposed to be eaten with lemon slices, so I squeezed some lemon on the pizza when I ate some.

Since it was warm here today, I used a screen to bake this pie.  The “Bunny Rabbit” was the one that gave me the most problems with this pizza.

This could be eaten for breakfast or brunch.

I think I got my pizza wrong, with too many sprinkles, but it tasted good and different at the same time.

The Monthly Challenge submission I did was inspired by this month’s PMQ Magazine. http://pmq.com/digital/200911/  I had read on page 82 about Bruno’s Pizza and them having a Weiner Schnitzel on their menu in addition to pizza and then The America’s Plate Final and Giullo Adriani (on page 39) being the winner with a pizza with edible silver.  I had some sliver edible glitter, I had used on cookies, but couldn’t find it when I started to make the pizza.  Hence, I used the sprinkles.

I think I will do another submission with something more traditional. I think I should have skipped the bunny rabbit and also if I could have found my edible glitter, the idea would have been better.  Maybe, then I think the pizza would have looked more appealing.  Edible glitter at www.ckproducts.com  Just put edible glitter in the search box.  This kind of edible glitter doesn't add any sweetness and has no flavor, it just give sparkle.

Norma











No comments:

Post a Comment