Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Chef Boyardee Pizza Cheese Pizza Maker Kit with a "Twist"..



I mixed the Chef Boyardee pizza dough part of the mix this morning.  I first added the hot water and mixed with the flat beater on speed one until the ingredients were off of the bottom of the mixer bowl.  The dough was then rested the dough for 10 minutes.  The dough hook was then used and the dough was mixed for 15 minutes more minutes on speed one.  I don't know what the hydration of using the crust mix were with the recommended amount of water, but I thought that sounded like a lot of water (1 1/3 cup) to add to both crust mixes so I used less hot water.

Since it sounds to me there is a double chemical leavening system in the crust mix, I am leaving the covered off of the plastic containers for awhile to try and cool the dough balls down as fast as they can.  I really don't know, but think the fairly long mix time would give the chemical leavening system long enough to activate it before it went into the fridge.  The dough balls were oiled and so were the plastic containers.  







I decided to try the one smaller dough ball from the crust mix of the Chef Boyardee mix when I got home from market today. I was somewhat surprised that the dough ball didn't ferment more than it did. I brought a steel pan home from market for this pizza. I pressed the cold dough ball in the steel pan around 5:00 PM and it was easy to press in the steel pan. I put the pan in the oven with the light on to temper it. I took the pan out of the oven when the dough ball looked tempered enough. I then proceeded to heat up the oven. Time tempered was until 7:30 PM. The pizza baked for 14 minutes at about 490 degrees F.

I tasted the tomato sauce that came with the kit and it sure did not taste very good to me and didn't look bright red like most tomato sauce. Since you can only add two ingredients to this kit, I decided to use Greek oregano to make the sauce taste a little better and added a lot of Greek oregano. The pizza sauce alone tasted way too salty for my palate. The pizza was then dressed with cheese and dollops of the kit sauce. Part of the Parmesan & Romano blend was sprinkled over the entire pie after it came out of the oven.

The Chef Boyardee pizza did taste okay and was better than I expected. The crumb was nice and and the edges were crispy.

I will try a NY style pizza with the other dough ball in the BS tomorrow sometime.



















No comments:

Post a Comment