Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, November 15, 2010

First Baker's Percent Dough I used for Pizza :)

This was my first journey into making pizza, that would help me to become successful in learning more eventually.


This was the first dough formula I used and Pete-zza (Peter) set-forth for me to try. This is a lower hydration, NY Style dough.  If you want to scale it up or down, you can do that by using the Lehmann Pizza Dough Calculator.  By what I mean by scaling up or down, is you can select the size of dough balls, the kind of hydration you might want to use, and also you can change the thickness factor or amounts of other ingedients to be tried. I didn’t have a specific thickness factor at the time, so I am just going to use .10 to give an example.  This formula is for one dough ball for a 16" pizza. http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_calculator.html


Flour (100%):    353.93 g  |  12.48 oz | 0.78 lbs
Water (58%):    205.28 g  |  7.24 oz | 0.45 lbs
IDY (0.30%):    1.06 g | 0.04 oz | 0 lbs | 0.35 tsp | 0.12 tbsp
Salt (1.75%):     6.19 g | 0.22 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.29 tsp | 0.43 tbsp
Oil (1%):                 3.54 g | 0.12 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.79 tsp | 0.26 tbsp
Total (161.05%): 570.01 g | 20.11 oz | 1.26 lbs | TF = 0.1


This was my beginning on knowledge to learn about pizza making.  I have appreciated all the help I have been given.  I had many flops in managing my pizza dough and also had many other problems with opening a pizza skin, fermenting the dough too much, balling the dough, and many others.  If you want to learn to make pizza dough, in a short time you should be able to achieve your goals.

These are some pictures of my first pizzas.  As you can see, my pizzas have changed since learning more about making pizzas.
Many Thanks to everyone that has helped me learn! :)





As can be seen on the above pictures, I had a lot to learn about making a decent pizza.  Although I had a great formula, there was so many things I didn't understand about dough at that time.  These pictures were taken in April, 2009. The two people in these pictures are my mother and granddaughter.

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment