Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our Caramel Popcorn Stand :)

As I had blogged in my one other post, I said I would post pictures of what our Caramel Popcorn Stand looked like and also more pictures of my late husband.

This first picture above was taken before I quit my full-time job at RCA to help my husband get into business for ourselves. That picture was even taken before we were married. The other pictures are of our newer stand we then went to at Root’s Market.  I still have a lot of pictures of how our stand developed over the years and also pictures of our Caramel Corn Stand at Green Dragon Farmer’s Market in Ephrata, Pa.  I also have pictures I will post at some point of our other market stand in Morgantown, Pa. that flopped. There are more pictures of our concession trailer that we went to fairs and festivals with.  These are two articles that were also published in our local newspapers about our Caramel Popcorn Stands. There are also other articles I will find at some point and post.  We never knew someone was coming to do an article about us.  They would just show up and ask questions.  The one article shows a picture of  how hard mywas husband working, when making Caramel Popcorn.  It was a really hard job, making Caramel Popcorn in the summer without air-conditioning. These are also pictures of me pouring the Clear Toy Candy and us making fudge.  I really do miss that fudge.  The fudge was so good and I still have the equipment to make it and the recipe, but it also is a lot of work. The fudge recipe is really old and was passed from my husbands father to him.  My husband father had started the Caramel Popcorn at Root's Market in 1928.

Both Caramel Popcorn stands were sold to a Amish family.  When I go by that stand it brings back good memories.  I am going to make caramel popcorn again some day and take a video.  Jake said I could make it at our old stand.  It was weird one day I was inside our old stand and I couldn’t stay there for long, because it brought back so many memories.  I have no problem walking by it though. :)  It was many years of working very hard usually 6 or 7 days a week.  Now I am in the pizza business, but thought I would show what helped  me to understand how a even small business works.  Being self-employed isn't as easy as most people think.  Many customers would comment on how they would like to have our job only working one day a week.  Little did they realize how many days a week we prepared for two days at market.  We had a shed at home that was food approved that we made our Clear Toy Candy, Popped Corn ahead for the Caramel Popcorn, made Brittles, Kettle Corn, and many other items.

Norma



No comments:

Post a Comment