Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fried Pizza Men or Pizzette’s 5/27/2010

If you can’t get you children to eat their veggies, try one of these fried pizza men.  At least they might taste a pizza that is decorated to their choice.  Give them their own dish full of fresh herbs, and watch them dig in.

I decided to try out a Pizzette after reading pizzanapoletana’s (Marco) thread about them on pizzamaking.com.

I used my standard frozen dough.  The steps I took in making this Pizzette were to defrost the frozen dough in my microwave, cut the dough into four pieces with a knife, lightly dust each dough ball with flour, then form them into circles trying not to disturb the rim.  The dough was then left out covered for ½ hour.  I put out grated mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, heated pizza sauce, and fresh herbs from my garden.  The herbs were fresh basil, fresh parsley, and Arugula.
I wanted to see how a fried pizza tasted.

I used a temperature of 350 degrees F to fry the dough.  The dough quickly rose when placed into the hot oil.  The dough was turned over a few times with tongs, until the dough was a nice brown color.  When the Pizzette’s were taken out of the fryer, they were then drained on paper towels.  While they were still hot, grated mozzarella was put on the Pizzette’s next, then sauce, and some with Parmesan cheese.

I then decided to decorated a few and call them Fried Pizza Men, because some of the dough looked like faces.  The fresh herbs were used to decorate them.

I really enjoyed the Pizzette’s.  They were nice and light and something different than regular pizza.  I have a few more ideas of what to experiment with when using this frozen dough.

Norma






























No comments:

Post a Comment