Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Mystery Pizza at Home 5/29/2011

Another mystery pizza was made, but this time at home.  I used KABF and Pursasnow cake flour, soy flour, IDY and a chemical leaving system (Clabber Girl baking powder), along with other ingredients.  I wanted to see how this pie would bake in my home oven.

This pizza took from start to finish about 2 ½ hrs.  I wanted to let the dough ball ferment longer, but it was getting late.  I used the top of my stove with a hot pad on top of one burner to speed the fermentation along.  This pizza was baked on the bottom rack of my oven at about  500 degrees F on the pizza stone for 7 minutes.

When the pie was baking it develop a bubble in two places.  I thought since this might be another Sukie pizza, I needed something special to pop the bubbles.  On the pictures below is what I popped the bubbles with.  I don’t know if anyone knows what they are or not.

This formula might need a few more tweaks, but the crust, crumb, bake time, and formula did work decent to make another Sukie pizza.  I find it interesting how IDY and a chemical leavening system can be used hand in hand to make a pizza.

Norma






















No comments:

Post a Comment