Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weisenberger Pizza Crust Mix Experiment, Excellent..Thanks to Saturday Coffee..! 5/31/2011

Saturday Coffee on pizzamaking.com was kind enough to send me two Weisenberger Pizza Crust Mixes to try.  I didn’t know I was going to be sent these two pizza mixes, but they arrived today at market. I was really surprised to receive these nice presents today.  I want to thank Saturday Coffee very much for sending me these two Weisenberger Pizza Crust Mixes to do research with.   Steve and I tried the one Weisenberger Pizza Crust Mix today and Steve, stand holders a few customers and I all thought the Weisenberger Pizza Curst mix made a very good pizza in a short while.  We made a 12" NY style pizza with the Weisenberger pizza crust mix.  The crust browned well, there was moistness in the rim and a good crumb structure and the bottom crust browned nicely.  Steve and I followed the directions, but let the dough rise two times and then reballed each time.  The finished crust had a very good taste.  Weisnberger must know what they are doing when they make a pizza crust mix.

Thanks again Saturday Coffee, this was the best test pizza of the day! :)

I found in my other thread of mystery pizzas (using other mixes), that letting the dough ferment one or two times, and then balling the dough does give a better taste to the crust of all of them.  The Weisenberger pizza crust mix tasted very good, with using this method.  Letting the dough ferment longer does help when using a pizza crust mix, at least in my opinion.  The Weisenberger pizza crust mix was very good!

http://www.weisenberger.com/category.cfm?Category=28

Norma

















No comments:

Post a Comment