Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Friday, February 25, 2011

Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco 2/24/2011

I have been thinking about making this kind of focaccia for a couple of weeks, since I saw Barbara's blog: http://cucinadibarbara.blogspot.com/ and her post about Focaccia di Recco http://cucinadibarbara.blogspot.com/2010/11/focaccia-di-recco-co.html.  Barbara inspired me to see how it would turn out. Just yesterday I saw the recipe posted on Pizza Quest for  Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco.

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/instructionals/59-written-recipes/147-focaccia-col-formaggio-di-recco.html


This is how the dough looked after I hand mixed it.

This was a very easy focaccia to make and so delightful to eat, in my opinion.  The crust just melts in your mouth.  My daughter and I ate the whole pie.  I did the slamming on the table with this dough.  In the pictures it can be seen how thin this dough is.  I had to add more water to the formula I used. I used KAAP in the formula.  As can be seen in the pictures I did cut the top skin with scissors (before the bake), but somehow when the pie was baking in the oven the one part want to spring more.  Finally I cut the sprung part again.  That is the part that go darker, but that part was still good to eat.  I don't know until I post the pictures (if the weight of this pie can be seen), but this whole pie only weighed 189 grams as shown on the scales.

This is the thread on pizzamaking.com about Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13104.0.html

This was my first attempt, but I sure will be eating this again.  It was so delicious and melted in your mouth.

Thanks to Barbara http://cucinadibarbara.blogspot.com/     and Pizza Quest http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/ for helping me make this delicious new type of pizza! :)



Norma




















2 comments:

  1. Dear Norma,
    thank you very much for your messages about making focaccia di recco.
    I am very glad to be inspired you although you don't mentioned me :)

    Thanks Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbara,

    I did enjoy your post and was inspired by you to try this new kind of pizza. I am sorry I didn't mention I was inspired by you. I did post on pizzamaking.com about how I was inspired by you at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11044.msg128150.html#msg128150 That was another thread on pizzamaking.com about me trying another thin style, but not as thin as your Formaggio di Recco.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete