Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, July 2, 2011

I found fresh wheat grain (wheat berries) to use in trying to make a pizza!..will try to grind it into flour...

Well, I guess today was my lucky day to find wheat!  I had called my Amish friend, and told him about the farmer yesterday and he said he couldn’t believe how bad the farmer treated me.  I told him I was almost afraid to stop at another farm and ask if maybe they would sell me some wheat.  He told me he would ask a friend of his to get me some wheat when the combine comes though the area where he lives.

On the way to market (to mix my preferment for the Lehmann dough) I drove on a couple back roads to see if I could see any combines.  I didn’t see any, but when I was almost at market, I saw a combine cutting down something, but wasn’t sure what is was.  I saw a lady outside working on her flowers, so I decided to stop and ask her if it was wheat or barley the combine was consuming.  She told me it was wheat.  I told her about me wanting to buy some fresh cut wheat to try in a pizza dough.  She said if wasn’t her land in back of the farm, but would give me the number of the farmer to call.  I called and got their answering machine and left a message.  While I was at market mixing the preferment and cleaning, my cell phone rang.  It was the farmers wife and we talked awhile.  The farmer does also work at Root’s in the animal auction.  The farmers wife said she had talked to her husband and it was okay with him if I got a bucket of wheat right from the combine.  She said she didn’t know how I would climb up to the trailer that was sitting at the farm, but if I couldn’t get any, her husband would bring me some to market Tuesday.  I waited until the combine was filled and came back to the trailer to unload.  I told the combine driver that the farmer said I could have a bucket of wheat.  He quicky climbed out of his cab and got me a bucket of wheat in less than  ½ minute.  I was so happy the farmer was so nice and I did get wheat.  I did taste the wheat. The fresh bucket of wheat does make my place smell great!

It can be seen on the pictures how close the farm is to market.  It is almost right across the street.  I guess it pays to go to work some days, even if you aren’t getting paid money.

Now to dry the wheat some more and find a formula to try.  The formula will have to be for whole wheat, because I sure don’t have any idea of knowing how to make white flour from the wheat.  Any suggestions for a good formula for my wheat?

I did take one video of the combine cutting down the wheat that went in my bucket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7ZUKJdHA0

Norma
















No comments:

Post a Comment