Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Crazy "Monster Dough Sukie Pizza" 8/16/2011

I received different dried samples from businesses that sell those for either pizza mixes or for other products.  All the ingredients were dry.  I think about 10 dry ingredients were used for this mix.


This post is just to report on how the “monster dough” Sukie pizza turned out yesterday.  All the dry ingredients added to the mix, in combination with the water, did seem to turn out better than my last attempt, but I do think more attempts might be needed in terms of more water added to the dough and maybe also changing or tweaking the flour ratios.

I basically just added 6.83 oz. of water to the “monster mix Sukie” and mixed with a rubber spatula.  I let the dough sit a little to hydrate the flour more, and did hand knead after about 15 minutes.  The dough then still looked too dry so I added a total of 7.3 oz. of water. Not that much more water, but that is exactly how much water I added to the dry mix. The water used was hot.  The dough was then sticky, so I gave it a few stretch and folds.  The dough seemed fine, and I let it sit and rest another ½ hr.  The dough then looked normal, so I did ball and oiled the dough.  Altogether, the dough rested or fermented for 2 hrs., before the pie was made.  In hindsight, I think I should have added more water.  I don’t know if all the dry ingredients added make the dough drier after a while or not, but does seem that way to me.

A new friend that Steve and I are helping to learn to make pizza and stretch dough gave me the lovely peppers yesterday, so I thought I would add them to the “Sukie” pizza  pictures, because they are special too!

Pictures of the process and how the “Sukie Pizza” turned out.  “Sukie” and her relatives were happy to come out of the drawer yesterday to see their pizza....lol

Norma














No comments:

Post a Comment