Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dueling Two Greek Pizzas 9/27/2011

I wanted to compare how a preferment Lehmann dough ball and a MA#2 dough ball would compare when making a Greek pizza in how the final pizza tasted and also how both bottoms browned, if the same amount of dough was used, both pies were baked at the same time, both were dressed the same, the same amount of manteca was added to the 10” steel pans, and the bake times were both the same.

I thought there were some interesting results from this experiment.  The bottom crusts did brown differently when the same amount of manteca was used, the bake times were both the same, and both pies were baked simultaneously.  The preferment Lehmann Greek pizza bottom crust didn’t brown as much as the MA#2 Greek pizza crust bottom.  My taste testers, Steve and I all tasted both pies and our favorite was the preferment Lehmann Greek pizza.

Another interesting thing came out of this experiment, and a subsequent experiment for an emergency Greek pizza made by Steve.  I try to control how much cheese I used on any pizzas made for market, because it costs money for the cheeses applied.  If I had made this same pizza at home I probably would have added more cheese like Steve always does for his Greek pizzas.  I applied the same kinds blend of cheeses that Steve applied in his emergency Greek pizza, but didn’t apply near as much cheese that Steve did.  Steve’s pie had much better browning and crispness at the edges than my two experimental pies did.

The dressings used on both of my experimental pizzas was my regular sauce, spinach, cauliflower, and 3 blends of cheeses, being the mild cheddar the predominate cheese.

Norma









No comments:

Post a Comment