Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Friday, August 31, 2012

My recent Mack's pizza attempt

This is probably as close to a Mack’s clone as I think I will get. Finally the cheddar is right. I posted about the cheddar on the other cheese thread. My wish has finally been fulfilled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKaVpVj9rCQ

I mixed a dough for a 14” pizza one day before I made the pizza. I wanted to try out the new cheddar before Tuesday on another attempt at a Mack’s clone. I did use Kyrol flour, the Gangi sauce and the new cheddar on this pizza. I used 8 oz. of cheddar which probably was a little to much, but I wanted to see how the cheddar tasted when baked on the Mack’s attempt. I didn’t measure the Gangi sauce, but think I applied about 6 oz. because I did weigh out 8 oz. to begin with, but didn’t use all the Gangi sauce in the plastic squeeze container.

I let the cheese sit at room temperature for 2 hrs. to see if it would clump. It didn’t clump, or become stuck together.

I pressed really hard on the dough ball and then opened it. The dough could be tossed and twirled well. I decided to bake in my mom’s home oven because I recently found out that her propane gas oven can go over 600 degrees F. The pizza was baked in about 4 ½ minutes. I baked on the center rack position of my mom’s oven. The rim could have been a little browner, but I thought the bottom of the pizza was finished baking. I am not used to what position to put the pizza stone on in my mom’s oven since this is only the second time I tried to bake any pizzas in it. The texture of the rim was about the same as a Mack’s pizza, but not exactly. The taste of the crust was better than a Mack’s pizza.

As soon as I tasted the pizza I knew it sure tasted and smelled like a Mack’s pizza. The cheese did have the tang with the buttery flavor. My mom also said the same thing and she hasn’t tasted a Mack’s pizza for a lot of years. I also brought two slices home for my daughter and she also said it tasted like a real Mack’s pizza. My mom also told me I can’t bake any other pies in her oven anymore unless it would be the same one I baked today. That is how much she liked this attempt. My mom asked me why I don’t just make this same pizza at market and I said I don’t think I can source the right cheddar and sauce from a distributor near me. I think my attempt could have used a little less TF.

My friend from Trenton also received some of the same cheddar today and baked a Mack’s attempt earlier today. He also said the cheese was finally right. He had used Walmart tomato paste with the same added ingredients Steve and I used the last time.

I think I could eat this same pizza everyday. My mom and I even had a little celebration with a few glasses of my cousins tea wine.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me!! :) I am thrilled that I could finally make a decent Mack’s clone pizza.

Norma





























No comments:

Post a Comment