Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Next Attempt at a quick Buddy's clone pizza

I took the temperature in the oven (where the dough was tempering in the steel pan) and it was 95.8 degrees F (that was with the oven light on). I was trying to get the dough to proof in 2 hrs. (with the punch down) and it did seem to work well. The dough was nice a bubbly both times and smelled really good.


I used 8 ounces of the Eddie’s brick cheese again and 4.7 ounces of November’s sauce combined with market sauce. There would have been enough of November’s sauce leftover, but I accidently hit the container with the sauce in the fridge and the sauce container flipped and then the lid came off. I had a mess in my fridge and even some of the sauce hit my shoes. That is why I had to add some of the market sauce. The oven was set right under 500 degrees F and the pizza was baked on the bottom rack. The pizza took a about 14 minutes to bake. I don’t know where my brain was, but it took me 3 1/2 minutes to weigh the baked pizza. It weighed 1 lb. 4.5 oz., or when I changed the scale to grams it weighed 581 grams. There was a little cheese that dripped in the steel pan that wasn’t weighed. I only used the screen to weigh the pie this time and I made sure I did tare that out and also the mixing bowl it was sitting on.

I don’t know why the rim crust got higher this time. I don’t know if it was from the flour, or how I tempered the dough in the oven, or something else, but it can be seen on the ruler the side crust did get higher.

The Buddy’s clone attempt came out of the oven at 6:55 PM.

The crumb on this pizza was the best yet, in that it was nice and airy and very tender to eat. I sure don’t know why that was either.

I am happier in this Buddy’s attempt then other ones, but sure don’t know what I did that was so different. Since this was such a very fast pizza from beginning to end, I wouldn’t have thought the taste would be that good. I am glad the bromated Occident flour was calling for me to try it today. Now if I can only repeat what I did.

Norma






















No comments:

Post a Comment