Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Friday, December 17, 2010

Eating my curds and whey by: Norma–Miss Muffet White Pizza Pie-with my home made mozzarella!..used my whey leftover from making mozzarella in the pizza dough

2/21/2010

Eating my curds and whey by: Norma–Miss Muffet White Pizza Pie-with my home made mozzarella!..used my whey leftover from making mozzarella in the pizza dough

2/21/2010

Little Miss Muffet,

Nursery Rhyme & History

Story of the Little Miss Muffet Rhyme
Little Miss Muffet was a small girl whose name was Patience Muffet. Her stepfather, Dr. Muffet (1553-1604) was a famous entomologist who wrote the first scientific catalogue of British Insects. Whilst eating her breakfast of curds and whey Little Miss Muffet was frightened by one of his spiders and ran away! This particular Nursery Rhyme of Little Miss Muffet reputedly dates back to the late 16th century as indicated by the birth date of Dr Muffet! Unlikely story about Patience Muffet!

Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey,
Along came a spider,
Who sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away

So, the story goes or other versions of it.

I had made fresh mozzarella, ricotta and pizza dough with whey to replace the water, yesterday.
The dough was made into a white pizza today.

2 ½ cups KAAP flour and ½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 cup of fresh warm whey
2 tablespoons olive oil

Left the dough in the refrigerator to cold ferment for 24 hours.  The dough more than doubled in size until today.  The dough ball was okay to open and I decided to try this dough in the deep-dish pan because I liked the results when trying the preferment with poolish of the Lehmann dough in this pan.  I oiled the pan with Crisco.  The pie was dressed with cherry tomatoes, panko seasoned bread crumbs, 3 garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes,1 large shallot, that were mixed with olive oil and broiled in the oven. The dough was brushed with olive oil and then dressed with the above mixture.  Fresh mozzarella was cut into diced pieces and dollops of ricotta were dropped on the pie.  The pie was baked in the middle rack of the oven.  The crust on the bottom didn’t seem finished, so the pizza stone was already on the bottom rack, so I transferred the pie to the bottom rack for a few minutes.

I really enjoyed the taste of this pie.  The hot pepper flakes gave it a little kick and the fresh mozzarella and ricotta really added to this Little Miss Muffet White Pie.

Norma

I forgot to mention, I needed to add a little more water to the whey for the dough to be moist enough.









No comments:

Post a Comment