There is a new Premium SAF yeast, but it isn’t on the market for retail as of this date. I am going to try and get a sample of this yeast to experiment with, to see how much better it works in my market pizza dough and also try the SAF-Instant Premium, in breads and bagels.
Lesaffre has many varieties of instant yeast available. Each is designed for specific baking applications with the ability to rapidly rehydrate when added to the dough.
SAF-Instant® Premium is a granular free-flowing yeast for use in doughs with sugar levels of up to 12% (Baker's Percent).
1. Can reduce proofing times from 15% to 30%, and is recommended for no time doughs and high speed processes.
2. Can provide finished products with significantly larger volumes and has a much better oven spring.
3. Allows you to reduce your dry yeast usage as much as 30% in most formulations.
4. SAF-Instant® Premium performs up to 30% better than standard dry yeast in colder doughs.
5. SAF-Instant® Premium performs better than standard dry yeast in formulas containing low amounts of preservatives, allowing you to use it in a wider range of formulas.
6. Uniform fermentation throughout your baking system.
7. Vacuum packaging ensures freshness, consistency, and minimal activity loss until opened. Available in a 50 lb. bulk vacuum pack under the label SAF-Instant® Purple
8. Improves machinability.
9. Free-flowing properties make it easy to scale and meter as other dry ingredients.
10. Unopened, SAF-Instant® Premium yeast packages need no refrigeration.
11. Can reduce mixing time 10% to 30% compared to compressed yeast.
There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.
Adventure in Pizza Making
There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.