Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another use for the Preferment Lehmann Dough (little boats or individual pizzas)

From a little leftover piece of preferment Lehmann dough I unfroze for a Greek-style pizza, I decided to make a little boat or something similar.  I stretched the small piece out and then dressed it with my regular tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella.  The little boat was baked right on my pizza stone at around 500 degrees F.  After the little boat was baked I used my fresh basil I had started from a piece of fresh basil in the fall.  I have been feeding this bunch of fresh basil milk kefir, while in a pot with dirt and it seems to be doing well.

I also used the preferment Lehmann dough to make a Greek-style pizza, after the advice of Peter (Pete-zza) (moderator on pizzamaking.com) for trying the preferment Lehmann dough for a Greek-style pizza.  The preferment Lehmann dough did work out well for a Greek-style pizza.

This is where I posted the other pictures of the Greek-style pizza and also posted how I made the Greek-style pizza at Reply 143  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,691.msg125069.html#msg125069

Now the preferment Lehmann dough has two more things it can be used for.  I am glad the preferment Lehmann dough did work out for a Greek-style pizza.

After making the little boat, I can see this would be a good way to make individual pizzas for more people.  It doesn’t have to be cut, (to be able to eat the little boat) but I did cut the little boat, just so the inside crumb could be seen.  The little boat was quick to make out of the leftover dough.

Norma











No comments:

Post a Comment