Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, January 24, 2011

Another attempt for a Mack’s style pizza on 7/13/2010 with Acme brand cheese

I want to thank ERASMO (a member on pizzamaking.com) for telling me to try the Acme Brand of longhorn style mild white cheddar.   This cheese really comes very close to how a Mack’s pie tastes and looks in terms of the cheese.  Steve and I tasted the cheese earlier to see how it tastes and now I know if I try another brand of cheese, what this is supposed to taste like.  It even melts like Mack’s cheese and is oily, when using this cheese in a Mack's style pizza.

I did change the formula by just one variable.  I decreased the IDY to see if there would be less bubbles in the skin.  This formula was for a 16" clone style Mack’s pizza.


Flour (100%):               284.64 g  |  10.04 oz | 0.63 lbs
Water (55%):                156.55 g  |  5.52 oz | 0.35 lbs
IDY (0.25%):                     0.71 g | 0.03 oz | 0 lbs | 0.24 tsp | 0.08 tbsp
Salt (2%):                           5.69 g | 0.2 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.02 tsp | 0.34 tbsp
Olive Oil (6%):                 17.08 g | 0.6 oz | 0.04 lbs | 3.8 tsp | 1.27 tbsp
Sugar (2%):                        5.69 g | 0.2 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.43 tsp | 0.48 tbsp
Total (165.25%):            470.37 g | 16.59 oz | 1.04 lbs | TF = 0.08252

In my opinion this was the closest attempt to a Mack’s pizza to date, that I achieved.

The funny thing about that Mack’s clone pizza that I made was I had put the pizza in the heated, humidified cabinet, after trying two slices.  Two men came up and asked what kind of pizza the Mack’s clone was.  I asked them if they ever go to the shore.  They said yes, and said the  Mack’s clone pizza looked just like a Grotto Pizza they buy in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.  They each bought a slice and said it tasted like Grotto’s pizza.  I have never tasted Grotto’s pizza, but had to chuckle to myself.  I thought O no, not another kind of pizza clone.    Of course I had to look up what a Grotto Pizza looked like. Another shore pizza.

http://grottopizza.com/

July 21, 2010

I awoke Pinocchio up early, after I received a reply from Schreiber Foods Inc.  He wanted to see what Schreiber Foods had to say about the longhorn style mild white cheddar cheese I purchased at Acme.  He didn’t even get dressed or comb his hair, because he was excited to see if this type of cheese could be purchased all over the US.  I printed Pinocchio a copy of the email for him to read.  He also wants other members or guests to be able to try the same kind of longhorn style white cheddar that ERASMO and I tried.

This is the email where Schreiber Foods responded to me and the same one Pinocchio read.

Hi Norma,

I received your inquiry as to where you might be able to track down the Acme brand longhorn style mild white cheddar cheese. Unfortunately, the product that Schreiber produces that would fit this description is yellow. Eastern Pennsylvania would be the best place to get the white product, but other than that, the ability to get white cheddar across the US is not very good.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know and I would be more than happy to do so.

Thank you.

I am having enough trouble with trying to make something like a Mack's pizza, so I sure didn't want to try another attempt at another pizza business or something like Grotto's.  I never even was at their pizza business so I am not sure what their pizza tastes like.

Norma



















No comments:

Post a Comment