Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pizza Dough Hot Dogs...Easy! 6/07/2011

Usually if there are leftover dough balls, of the preferment Lehmann dough, I freeze them and then used them the next week for garlic knots, pizza pinwheels, cheesy breadsticks, pizza buns, or Greek style pizza.  I found when making Greek style pizza out of the frozen dough balls, if I used my docker, the crust won’t puff up as much.  I decided to do another experiment with a dough ball that had been frozen and then thawed out at market.

I flattened a dough ball our (with the palm of my hand)  and used my pizza cutter to slice into strips.  I then rolled the strips of  dough.  The one dough strip I didn’t dock and the other strip I did dock.  I prepared some Lancaster County hot dogs, that I bought at a market stand, by brushing them with oil infused garlic and a herb blend and slicing the top of the hot dogs.  They were then put into a pan and put into the deck oven, until they were cooked.  I then rolled each strip and folded each end in at the ends of the hot dogs.  The docked strip, did end up flatter than the strip that was just rolled and not docked, when baked.  Steve also made an experimental pizza hot dog with a rolled strip.  He added pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese before rolling the strip onto the hot dog.  Steve and I decided we liked the pizza dough hot dogs better that didn’t include the pizza sauce and mozzarella.  The pizza dogs were baked on a screen and turned a little while baking.  The finished pizza dogs were also brushed with more of the garlic herb infused oil.  The pizza dogs could be dipped in butter when the pizza dogs are finished. We just used mustard and pizza sauce to dip the pizza dogs in.   We preferred the mustard, when dipping, but I could imagine other ways to create a pizza dog.  I only cut the pizza dogs, so the insides could be seen, but the pizza dogs could be eaten without cutting.  If anyone has leftover dough, this can be a way of also using leftover dough or even fresh dough.  I am sure other doughs could also be used this way to create a pizza dog.  Steve and I only made three experimental pizza dogs, but more pizza dogs could be made out of one of my normal dough balls.

All in all, the experiment with the pizza dogs was successful.

Norma













No comments:

Post a Comment