Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reinhart hybrid dough tried at market in high temperatures Friday 7/22/2011

I don’t know if anyone could say I had success with the hybrid Reinhart dough today at market or not, but at least it seemed okay to me.

Since it was so hot Friday, I decided to go about mixing the dough the easiest way I could, to get a lower final dough temperature.  I also wanted to keep in line with John’s methods (KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid), of making the hybrid Reinhart dough as simply as I could.  I weighed all the ingredients but the water, and put the salt and IDY on separate sides of the flour. I then took cold water out of my deli case and added the honey.  Of course the honey didn’t want to dissolve well in the cold water, so I just put it into the mixer the way it was and dumped all the other ingredients in except the olive oil.  I used my flat beater again,with my Kitchen Aid mixer, which I took along to market.  The dough was only mixed until it came together and then rested two minutes and then mixed again with the flat beater.  I added the oil and mixed again with the flat beater.  The final dough temperature was 77.6 degrees F or 83.3 degrees F, all depending on if I went by my digital thermometer or my digital IR thermometer.  The dough was lightly floured and made into a dough ball.  I then lightly coated the dough ball with olive oil and put it into the deli case. The dough ball will remain in the deli case until Monday when I will do a reball.  It was a little over 90 degrees F inside market today and outside it was 100 degrees F, when I was at market.  It did become hotter after I was at market for awhile, cleaning and mixing the preferment part of the Lehmann dough.

The first picture is of a slice of the hybrid Reinhart pizza I reheated on Thursday, that was made this past Tuesday.  The slice did  reheat well.  The rest of the pictures are from yesterday.

Norma










No comments:

Post a Comment