Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Les’s Sauce Again, Working Outside, and Fall in our Area 10/15/2011

I really love Fall in our area, with the cooler temperatures, and the leaves soon going to be changing to beautiful colors, but do really dread when all my plants outside, including vegetables, my fresh tomatoes, and my perennials need to be cut down.  The tomato plants are almost done producing tomatoes, the perennials are starting to dye, and only the annuals are holding up for a little more until frost comes,  Now more work needs to be finished outside. My mums soon are going to be blooming. It is dark in the mornings now, and also gets dark much earlier in the evenings.  I like when it is light outside longer in the evening.

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon cutting down plants and generally working outside.  I have a lot more work to do outside. I used tomatoes that were ripe to make Les’s tomato sauce again last evening.  All that are left of my tomatoes now are what are on the picture I posted below.  The tomatoes are a lot smaller now. They probably will be used to make my last batch of Les’s sauce for the year.  I do have a lot of Les’s tomato sauce frozen.  I used some of my favorite Les’s sauce for dinner last evening.  I do really love the fresh flavor of Les’s sauce on almost anything, including pizza.

Soon dreaded winter will arrive in my area of the world.  The reason I dread winter is because it seems so long and we could get lots of snow that I might need to shovel.  I guess the seasons in our area could be compared to the cycle of life.  They are beautiful days in your life, and also days that are more dreaded by different circumstances in life.  I try to enjoy the beautiful days, and just try to get though the dreaded days, because there always will be beautiful days ahead.

I do have a few roses that are still blooming, but they are also starting to look sickly now.  The picture below is how one of my roses look now.  Not the beautiful rose of summer.  The stink bugs are becoming more plentiful now, because they are looking for warmth.

Norma









No comments:

Post a Comment