Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Next Attempt at a Mellow Mushroom Pizza, best attempt to this date :) 10/25/2011

Well there is some good news, and bad news about the MM’s pie I attempted.  The bad news was I took pictures of the slice of pizza from MM’s that was frozen for Steve before and after the reheat.  Steve got to taste a real MM’s slice, and he did enjoy it.  Steve did agree that my attempt last week was sweeter in taste than a real MM’s slice.  The frozen slice did thaw and reheat well.

Then I went to take pictures of the dough ball and how I opened the dough ball, trying to do it the same way I saw MM’s pie makers form the dough balls and then open them.  The color of my dough ball was about the same as yesterday when I took the first pictures today.  I don’t know what happened, but something strange really went on with the dough ball.  Somehow it became darker.  I thought what the heck it going on with that.  I commented to Steve, why would the dough ball change colors.  I am at a loss to explain how that happened.  Another mystery. After I had the dough ball formed and had taken more pictures, my memory stick on my camera became full.  We were also busy trying to make other pizzas, and I quickly deleted pictures (a whole bunch of pictures) I thought weren’t pictures from today, and then continued to take pictures of how the dough ball looked almost exactly like the MM’s dough balls I saw on Friday in color and in how they handled.  I could even open and stretch the dough like the MM’s pie makers and put it aside bunched together, and then take it apart without it sticking.  That is when I started taking more pictures, that I am now going to post.  The MM’s attempt baked well, with a really big rim and the taste of the MM’s pie really tasted like the MM’s pie I had eaten at MM’s in the sweetness of the rim and had about the same texture, except my pie was more airy.  Steve also commented that my attempt tasted almost like the real MM’s slice he had just eaten. At least to me my MM’s attempt in how the dough handled and taste of the crust did go well. That is the good news.  I think lowering the hydration, and adding light brown sugar with the molasses was a good idea.

Norma















2 comments:

  1. Norma, love your blog. There are some really beautiful pies here that I must have missed if you posted them on pizzamaking.com too. Best regards, Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crag,

    Thanks for saying you love my blog! I started the blog, so other people might see how pizzamaking.com can be a great resource for all the knowledge that is given on the forum. I am not good at blogging, but someday if my children, grandchildren, or even great-grandchildren want to see what I did, they can just look at this blog. I have included some pictures of my family, and if I ever want to send an email, I can just link to what I posted in this blog. You should start your own blog. It is free to start your own blog. With the great pies you make, someday your children or grandchildren can look back and see what you did. It is very interesting to see what countries looked at your blog. Hopefully, someone gained some knowledge how to make pizza from my blog or linked to pizzamaking.com.

    Best Regards to you too!

    Norma

    ReplyDelete