Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Continuing Saga with my Market Scale 11/17/2011

The adventure with the preferment Lehmann dough, and my market scale not working right, is still continuing.  The service manager has been emailing me, and he thinks my AC adapter went bad.  He said I would need to go though the dealer that I purchased the scale from and request a replacement adapter.  He said they could ship it from their company, but their policy now is they have to go though the dealer for any parts.  I called the dealer I bought the scale from (they do have a place where they repair equipment) and they told me they can’t get in contact with the company that sells the scales.  I said I had no problems getting a hold of the company that sells the scales to other places and they are willing to send me another AC adapter, but it would have to go though them.  The business I bought the scale from did have their contact number on the bottom of the scale if something went wrong.  The dealer I bought the scale from told me basically what I bought was a throw away scale if something went wrong with it and they can’t do anything about it.  Finally the service manager at the company that sells the scales to dealers told me today he is going to send me a replacement AC adapter, but he has to send me a used on that works, because that is the only way to get around the system. I did give the service manager the contact numbers of the dealer I bought the scale from and the place that does repairs for them.  The service manager also told me once I get the AC adapter to let him know if it works.  What a mess!

Well, luckily my batches of preferment Lehmann dough were okay this past Tuesday.  I could tell they were different in how the dough felt, but they made what appeared to be the same pizzas.  Thank goodness for that.  At least the preferment Lehmann dough is okay to be modified some.  Randy told me on Tuesday that since my kitchen scale is only rated for 6.6 lbs. of weighing, it might not be accurate over that amount.  Maybe that is why the preferment Lehmann dough didn’t turn out the same. I did add more preferment than I usually do to the final mix though. At least I know what my dough is supposed to feel like when it is mixed.

Some pictures how some of the pizzas turned out on Tuesday.  I guess I will have another week of not having my market scale to weigh my ingredients for the preferment Lehmann dough.  If I don’t get the AC adapter, or it doesn’t make the market scale work until later next week, I am going to purchase a new scale.

Steve, Randy, other taste testers, and I tasted some pizzas and they did taste okay.

Norma











No comments:

Post a Comment