Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Monday, November 14, 2011

My market scale broke!! :( 11/15/2011

My market scale broke Friday, and the market scale wasn’t fixed as of today.  I did use the contact page to contact the company that sells my scales in the US over the weekend, and I received two replies as maybe why my scale wasn’t working right.  I guess they must not know what is wrong with my scale, because they said it should work without the battery.  The tech told me to take the battery out, and the AC adapter should make my scale work, but that wasn’t the case.  The digital display just went dead.  Then they told me to it might be my display is bad, or maybe my AC adapter might be bad.  Third they told me maybe my AC adapter isn’t making contact where it is plugged in.  After my last contact, and me asking more questions, they haven’t returned any more calls or a emails.  I didn’t go to battery warehouse, because I am not sure it is the battery that is causing the problems.  I might go to Battery Warehouse on Wednesday, and get them to see if a new battery (if they have about the same kind of battery) would solve my problems with the scale.

So, it was onto market today without my market scale.  I looked at my small kitchen scale over the weekend and it said has a 6.6 lb. capacity.   I thought I could try that scale at market.  I put some things on my home kitchen scale over the weekend and it could weigh over 7 lbs.  I though maybe it would work at market, so I took it along today.  I don’t know what the heck happened, but my different dough batches felt different in hydration.  At least my preferment did bubble okay with using only my other scale.  I have no idea how my pizzas will turn out tomorrow, but it should be interesting.  One other time, (awhile ago) I had decided to try to mix a 7 ½ lb. batch of dough for market, because I just wanted to see what would happen.  That batch of dough did turn out well, but I knew I couldn’t ever duplicate that.  I guess I will see what happens tomorrow.

These were a few pictures  from today of the preferment and some pictures from two batches of dough I mixed using my kitchen scale.  I never thought I would miss my market scale so much.  I felt lost without it.

Norma










No comments:

Post a Comment