Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Monster Sicilian Pizza..lol, I sure got confused! 5/23/2012

I was supposed to be trying out Jim's formulation in a bigger steel pan, but somehow became confused I guess because he did give me instructions on how to figure out a formulation using a preferment and a soaker in a smaller amount.  I guess that is my excuse..lol

I sure don’t know what I was thinking about again, but I only used a 8”x10” steel pan to bake the Pizzarium “epoxy” dough. I guess I still had the instructions in my head that said to use a 8”x10” pan at Reply http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,19129.msg188006.html#msg188006 The dough felt nice and fermented well until today. The dough was still a little sticky, but manageable after it was dusted with a little bench flour. It only took a tiny bit of a couple of tugs and then I put it over my arm to put it into the steel pan. As soon as the dough was put into the pan, I knew there was too much dough for the 8”x10” pan. I still proceeded and added blends of cheeses, chopped kale, Capicolla ham, and then chopped spring onions. I didn’t even add any tomato sauce. I then wondered if the dough would rise over the top of the pan, but proceeded to bake. I sure have no ideas what TF there was, but the crumb sure was high. In the end we dipped the slices in sauce and the crumb tasted very good. My taste testers also like the taste of the crumb. I know I fouled-up again, but will try again next week.


Norma
 
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment