Welcome...

There are so many variables that go into making a PIZZA. The hydration of the dough, flour, yeast and many more.. Amounts of any kind of yeast in a pizza can make a big difference. Most recipes posted on the web, use too much yeast in their recipes. What I have found out so far, is either bulk fermenting the dough or cold fermenting the dough will give a better flavor in the crust. I am still experimenting to find different flavors in the crust of pies. In my opinion pizza is all about the best flavor you can achieve in a crust. I still am on the journey about flavors in the crust. Even differences in temperatures in you home or times of the year can influence how much yeast to use. If you want a pizza to develop flavors in the crust, there are many ways to go about achieving this.

Pizzas

Pizzas
Preferment for Lehmann Dough Pizzas

Crust of Pizza

Crust of Pizza
Rim of Preferment Lehmann Formula

Adventure in Pizza Making

There are many ways to go about trying to make any kind of pizzas you want to create. PIZZA making is fun and also you get to eat your finished product. I learned to make all my pizza on http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php If you look on pizzamaking.com you can see all the beautiful creations of pizzas members make on this site. Members and moderators help members and guests achieve almost any kind of pizzas they want to create. Since joining this site, my pizza making skills have gone from non-existent to something much better. I invite you to take a look at this site.

Total Pageviews

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza
Sicilian Pizza with Preferment for Lehmann Dough

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven

At my mom's home getting ready to bake in her gas oven
click on picture to go to post

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Peter’s (Pete-zza) idea to try the “entire enchilada” NY style soaker pizza 6/19/2012

Peter’s idea to try the “entire enchilada” method with the Kyrol flour worked out well, with one minor hitch. As I posted in my last post, I never try to use much bench flour in opening any dough balls and this one was not an exception, even if the dough ball is tacky or sticky. The dough ball opened up like a breeze, just like the other dough balls on this thread. Whenever I am trying an experimental pie, or a dough that is higher in hydration, I always make sure to do the shake, shake, thingy on the peel before the pizza goes into the oven, to make sure the skin isn’t sticking anywhere. I asked Steve if the skin was sticking anywhere because he applied the cheese and was going to slide the pizza into the oven. Steve said we will see right when he went to slide the pizza in. Well, it was sticking a little in one place so the pie didn’t get round. The final pizza did get a little more oven spring than the one using the 50% soaker and GM Full Strength flour. The bottom crust also browned nicely, but a little bit different than when using the 50% soaker method and using GM Full Strength flour. The crumb was moist and there was a good taste in the crust. The bottom crust was about the same in crispness though. I also didn’t give any of these slices to any of my taste testers, because we didn’t have time and I also needed a few more slices to sell. I did save a slice for a reheat today though. Steve said he liked the taste of the crust better using the “entire enchilada” method, but I am not sure about that. I really didn’t have enough time to think about it because I had to eat my slice quicker than I had wanted to. Using both of these methods seems to produce a pizza that might have tasted like a real NY style pizza made many years ago, but I can’t be sure of that because I never tasted a NY style pizza made many years ago.


Dropping the water temperature some on both of these experiments didn’t seem to change the results in the final pizza. I used regular warm well water right from my kitchen faucet for both of these doughs. My well water is very hard.

Thanks goodness I am not at market when the temperatures are supposed to be in the high 90’s. It was hot enough at market Tuesday being in front of that oven.

Norma





 








No comments:

Post a Comment